Chapter The Bridge
by Ariadne Gallardo
On that special day and once the call to the laboratory had been made in advance, Zila hurried out of the humanities module of the university where he was a professor to go to his mother’s house and give her the good news; It was a few hours until the procedure was done, he could no longer communicate with his beloved Citlali, but he mentally knew that she was as excited as he was.
He came screaming from the corridor to the house of Sofía, his mother, and told her with a huge smile and an illuminated face:
– Ma, today is the day in a few more moments the procedure will take place.
Zila pointed: She or he was born today distant from both, but not for long. Citlali must understand.
Her mother embraced him with deep joy, the only opportunity to be a grandmother was to present herself for her, and not only that, the lineage they treasured for them was fundamental and valuable. There were rules that only among wizards were recognizable and this was one of them.
Zila anxiously questioned his mother:
– Do you remember when you went to the registry and the official asked you if it was my name with S or Z, you remember what you told him, right?
– Of course, said his mother with a big smile, I told him that the name was written with Z for Zeus.
-Why Zeus, why not Zacharias or Zoo or another?
– I was referring to my son
– You know well that man before he was elevated to the rank of deity over the centuries was a man who manipulated with seduction, explain a little more to me, why him?
-Every sorcerer is seductive, it is not common for the thought of him to leave everything to chance, now with this conception, you are giving to your son or daughter previous tools, not out of evil or vileness because you know, you can do it.
Zila looked at her tenderly and responded with a happy smile, then she stared at the room where they were and took a sip from her cup of coffee:
-I must understand the relationship, find a sign. His gaze traveled every corner of the room where they were and suddenly his gaze lit up, instantly he said:
– If there is this mother, that is the signal. He pointed his finger at a cobweb that grew silently in the upper corner of the wall. Sofia looks at the same place and said to herself:
<Wow! For some reason I left you there, you are helping to weave the story>
Zila pointed his finger at her mother and said:
– It coincides perfectly with what the current star location demands, but there is something else, they are two Greek women with a special power: Arachne and Ariadne, both unmasked the power in turn, exposed it.
The mother passed her hand over her forehead and pointed:
-Neither of them was easy to survive the onslaught of power. Justice and honor were their flags and they will be remembered with honor by many of us.
Now let me be the one to ask: When Citlali returns for the inserts, which have you decided, will she return to the Moon, will she ask for a change of location?
Zila nervously got up from the table and shook his curly hair with one hand and looking at the window replied:
-I want to see my son or daughter grow up close, I do not tolerate the idea that he or she grows distant, she or he was born today distant from both, but not for long. Citlali must understand.
The mother looked at him and said:
-You could have chosen the sperm bank on the Moon, but for some reason, you didn’t send samples there when she proposed it. A woman so independent and with so many responsibilities, she would have to have very strong reasons not to decide to travel back to her job position.
Zila looked at her with deep concern and for any answer, he only answered:
-I do not accept the idea that my condition prevents me from conceiving, I depend on the woman I love.
At that precise moment, her mother knew something that she could not confess to her son, something that would possibly happen many years later.
Life is one way and it belongs to many others for the magic that we harbor in our memory.
Photo by Anna Shvets on Pexels.com