Chapter The Bridge
by Ariadne Gallardo Figueroa
The question that hung in the air in the conversations after the frugal food intake was how they had achieved such a feat, advancing to an unknown horizon and allowing by “The sondonite operation” that they establish conversations in the native language as “newly discovered” a term used head Borisnov who formulating the question.
Captain Algyen -that in reality such an appointment did not exist among the Eggyans, but it served the protocol known to the Earthlings- noted:
– There is a portal, close to what you call the Cepheus Spur, let me show you with the hologram the location of this wonderful place: It is located about 2,400 light-years away along the plane of the Milky Way, It is precisely here, Algyen pointed out enthusiastically.
Smith and Borisnov exclaimed:
– It is surprising that the place is in the northern constellation of Cepheus, it is the Nebula of the Cave!
Algyen looked at the men in amazement and said:
– The first to observe this fascinating site was the pioneer Barderian on one of his constant cosmic journeys; we name it The portal from which the light is born.
– It makes a lot of sense, it’s a birthplace, it’s the most fabulous stellar nursery that exists, that’s where its reddish hue comes from, head Abdallah stressed with a frank smile.
But how it was possible for a traveler to enter the cradle of stars, the radiation that causes the collapse of their cores is impressive.
There was a silence in which for a few moments the Eggyans remembered something that they did not comment on in the way it was lived:
<It was the figure of Banderian before the media with the ship dented by the impact of a magnetic force recently discovered by his daring travels and his face with third-degree burns, hair flamed off one side of the skull and a brutally cheerful crooked smile when he said: There is a cave of light that opens a portal but does not do it all the time, there is! to wait for the moment when they are born into the light, their deafening noise is the key!>
Some thought that he had gone mad, he had to spend almost 4 months locked up in the hospital in a capsule of cellular and dermal regeneration; from the Moon of Medreos came a statement requesting information on the traveler’s diagnosis and mental health condition, signed by the VF team, who at the same time noted that the statement was sent under strict confidentiality.
Then Vidra broke the silence and exclaimed:
– Thanks to very detailed research work, without forgetting that trial and error tests were part of all this, over the years scientists managed to create a map and recognize a route, you are known as the Cepheus Spur, to us it is the corridor Barderian.
Algyen sighed at the correct and responsible response of the woman whom the earthlings recognized as the second in command on the ship, who added:
– By order of Captain Algyen we will share information and files with leaders of international governments, but first, we will have to notify them and send them for verification to the crew of Mega Vectors I and II.
Jean Michael nodded, everything was logical and gave continuity to the protocols, then added:
– I will take the liberty of suggesting that Mrs. Citlali travel in your ship to Earth since they are waiting for her to put in her hands’ one responsibility very specific who will comply without delay.
Citlali smiled with an inordinate joy and looked for Julia who would be her substitute during her absence; In her opinion, this would not be very long and in response, she received an affirmative gesture from the woman who would be in command of the workers on the international lunar platform.
Life imposes tests on us, fills us with surprises, amazes us, and leaves us thinking about the next step, sometimes it is what we already know and sometimes what we never imagined.
THE NEBULOSA OF THE CAVE
October 21, 2013
By María Kaulen