“Only who creates knows what faced and how to save itself”The Messenger
by Ariadne Gallardo Figueroa
<If your expectations are higher than your reality you will be defeated and you will fall into the eternal mud>
When Painani heard within herself that sentence, her feet with swift and agile wings were stuck in the densest and darkest mud, the sharp squawking and strengthened by the freedom of the wind appeared on her horizon, there it was, it was the powerful eagle looking at her like a despicable being, that you can forget and follow the flight; however, she knew who it was and she alerted the Chichimecas tribe that in the past had obeyed him to plant themselves in an inhospitable place where making foundations would be a challenge, but they came from afar and listened to the energetic song of the eagle.
A group diverted his step and threw an ixtle rope at her. Painani did not know what to say her life had been saved by a group of strangers who looked at her in amazement; a man with a serene gaze and very long hair the colour of ash came to her:
- What are you doing so distant from your people and your village?
- I am a Painani with a mission, I must continue further, I appreciate your help.
- You must be hungry and thirsty, accept the tamali and the fruits, you can sleep in the shelter and prepare for the long journey at dawn. My name is Miztli. I guess yours was lost in the temple.
- That’s Sir, I lost and I am Painani of the temple of Ometeotl.
- In that case, these lands will be remembered you as Tonalli, “the destiny and the wheel of time”
- I gladly accept the first name that freedom has given me
The woman covered in mud, bowed to the group and took the food they offered her, she felt grateful for such an honourable reception and when the women arrived they gave her clean clothes and a place to wash.
One of the women looked at her with joy and some anxiety when she said:
- My name is Ameyali, I know that you have been released from the group, many of our sisters and daughters do not succeed, I feel that there is something unfair in all this, surely you have. If you come across the king’s Painani, those who bring him exotic fish and feathers from afar, none of them understand the value of a woman wrapped in winged omens, be careful.
- In reverence of the name that all of you have given me, I will do everything possible to stay alive to the destination that has been marked for me.
- What will you do if your paths cross and you have to stop passing?
- As far as I know Ameyali we cannot do anything, time does not stop for anyone. The only thing I hope is to be able to take advantage of mine without falling prey to the clutches of anyone.
Dawn gave way to the chirping of some birds and with a smile of gratitude Painani Tonalli said goodbye to the group, people she would never see again and would carry their images in her memory, grateful and happy to have found them in their moments of misfortune.
Life is a gift that can sometimes be shared and allows us to look at others as if it were the mirror of who we are and we could leave behind or carry it as a fond memory forever.
Photo: Tamali: from the nahualt dialect Tamal, pre-Hispanic and ceremonial food that is consumed to date is prepared with corn